Our goal is to have an orderly program that honors the dignity and well-being of each child. We ask that parents and children complete the form below by Friday, August 31, 2018. Your child will not be allowed to participate or ride the M&M’s bus if the Information Sheet and Bus Permission slip is not returned before Friday, August 31, 2018.
Expectations for Behavior:
- Every child is expected to participate in all activities and rotations.
- M&Ms lasts until 5:00 PM and all children are expected to stay the whole time, unless arrangements have been made in advance with the coordinator or Pastor (before 3 p.m. on Wednesday).
- All participants will be expected to demonstrate common courtesy and respect to other children and the adults at all times. This includes no pushing, shoving, hitting or back talking.
- Bullying or ostracizing of other children will not be tolerated.
- Inappropriate language or behavior will not be tolerated.
Consequences: If a child does not follow the Expectations of Behavior, the following will result:
The child will be corrected and given the opportunity to do the right thing.
- If the child rejects this choice, he/she will be put in a supervised time-out.
- If the child continues to disobey, the parents will be called, and the child will be picked up immediately.
Code of Conduct:
- Dress should reflect the value of modesty. If a child does not follow the Code of Conduct, the following consequence will result the parents will be called and the child will be sent home immediately.
- Any prescription drugs need to be administered by the parents/guardians.
To protect others from contagious illness, children infected with contagious illnesses are not allowed to attend M&Ms.
- If the child is unable to attend school due to illness/fever, do not send the child to M&Ms.
- If the child has had a fever, been ill (vomiting, diarrhea, colored congestion) or had a fever or an illness (vomiting, diarrhea, colored congestion) in the past 24 hours, please do not send the child to M&Ms.
- If the parent suspects the child of having a contagious illness, the parent should not send the child to M&Ms.
A. If a child is present at M&Ms, who is ill or becomes ill, the parent will be called or notified immediately. The child will be isolated with supervision until the parent comes to pick up the child.
Cell Phone/Electronics Policy:
- Phones & electronic games must be kept in the child’s backpack at all times with no exceptions. If a child needs to call home, they may ask the director or pastor to use the church phone.
Suspended and EXPELLED FROM THE M&Ms PROGRAM:
If a child persists in defiant behavior, the parent/guardian will be contacted. The parent/guardian will be contacted a maximum of three (3) times, in the course of the year, due to the child’s defiant behavior. At this point, the child’s behavior will be reviewed by the coordinator and pastor. The child will be suspended from M&Ms for a determined amount of time. Once the child returns to M&Ms, if the child persists in defiant behavior and the parent/guardian has to be contacted a fourth time, the child will be expelled from M&Ms for the rest of the year.
How your child will leave M&Ms:
- We require all parents/guardians to let us know how their child will be leaving M&Ms.
- All parents/guardians will be required to come into the Family Life Center to sign their children out at 5:00 PM. If your child walks or rides a bike home, the child will be required to sign their self out at the end of M&Ms. We are requiring the child to be signed out to ensure the safety of the children.
- If your child will be picked up by someone else other than the parent, we will need it in advance (BEFORE 3:00 PM Wednesday).
- No child will be allowed to leave the church premises before 5:00 PM, unless the parent comes into the Family Life Center to sign their child out. M&Ms lasts until 5:00 PM and all children are expected to stay the whole time unless arrangements have been made in advance with the director or Pastor.
M&Ms Registration Form
I request that my child be allowed participation in the Methodist Midweek After-School Program at Lexington United Methodist Church. I hereby release and indemnify Lexington United Methodist Church, its staff, volunteers and the Texas Annual Conference of the United Methodist church from any and all liability arising from claims of any kind or nature whatsoever from my child’s participation in this event.
I give permission to the people in charge of the Methodist Midweek After-School Program, and those transporting my child to and from various relative activities as their judgment deems advisable, to make the necessary referrals to qualified physicians for treatment of illness or injury due to accidents when it is of a serious nature. I understand I will be promptly notified in the event of any serious illness or accident, and prior to any major surgery, except when delay would endanger life. In case of a medical emergency, I understand that every effort will be made to contact the parent/guardian of the child. In the event that I cannot be reached, I hereby give permission to the physicians selected by the adult staff to hospitalize, secure proper treatment for, and to order injection, anesthesia or surgery, if deemed necessary for my child.